48-Week Project Administration Training Program in BC
Project Management is a function of business that is growing in relevance, recognition, and scope. Academy of Learning’s Project Administration program is positioned as an entry-level access point to this profession and will give you a competitive advantage in this untapped market segment.
Start your career in project administration today.
Become a Qualified Project Administration Professional
The Project Administration program provides the basic foundation towards industry certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI), specifically the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation. This certification will give you the opportunity for career growth and advancement.
This program will provide you with:
- The knowledge and skills necessary to lead and/or assist in the coordination and/or administration of projects for a variety of business sectors
- Professional skills in high demand by employers, including negotiating, decision making, team-work, communication, customer service, leadership, research, and problem solving
- A solid knowledge of project administration and management practices and principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
AOLCC’s Integrated Learning System™
All courses in our programs are delivered through our unique Integrated Learning System™ (ILS). Through ILS, you will develop a true proficiency in each topic, no matter your age or skill level upon enrolment. Our learning coaches are with you every step of the way to provide individualized assistance and encouragement in a supportive and non-competitive learning environment. Here’s how it works:
- You only advance to the next course when you are confident that you have mastered one topic and are ready to move on to the next
- You participate in hands-on exercises, tasks and practice exams that test your knowledge and give you confidence
Graduates of this program are employed in healthcare and social assistance, public administration, wholesale trade, finance and insurance, retail, and other services. Careers that correspond with the skills learned in this program are:
- Administrative Officer
- Administrative Services Coordinator
- Business Services Officer
- Implementation Officer
- Office Coordinator
- Planning Officer
- Public Trustee
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Administrators perform a wide range of project management support and administrative duties. Specific job duties vary with education and experience. Duties may include:
- Assisting and supporting all activities related to managing projects, including preparation for meetings, project documentation, and monitoring project timelines and deliverables on behalf of the Project Manager, as well as assisting in creating work plans, schedules and meeting agendas
- Coordinating and monitoring project scheduling while updating the project management system
- Maintaining documentation (e.g., including any upgrades to plans, schedules, funding, and status reports)
- Preparing project status reports in order to provide updates to management and ensuring all procedures are followed for all aspects of projects
- Using project management and other software and applicable templates to prepare documentation, track and monitor information, and maintain databases
- Developing customized project tools (e.g., templates for collecting/reporting information)
- Assisting in forecasting, tracking and managing project budgets, and purchasing orders and invoices.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status.
Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or on weekends.
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Simulations and Drills
Practical Applications – 2 Units
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, and Office Procedures Levels 1 and 2
Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
Customer Service, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Business Correspondence Levels 1 and 2, Business Essentials, Business Math, Project Management Fundamentals Levels 1 and 2, Business Financial Management, Microsoft Project Levels 1 and 2, Business Verbal Communication, Business Negotiations and Contracts, Business Supervisory Skills, and Business Presentations
Job Readiness/Employability Skills
Job Search and Résumé Writing, Thought patterns for a Successful Career, and Employment Success Strategies