38-Week Business Office Skills Training Program in BC
Business Office professionals carry out everyday clerical and organizational tasks. They are among an organization’s most important employees, keeping everything running smoothly behind the scenes.
Start your career in office administration today.
Become a Qualified Business Office Professional
Academy of Learning’s Business Office Skills diploma program provides a strong knowledge of business concepts and office procedures that open the door to career opportunities in virtually any office environment. You will strengthen your skills in business-related software programs and basic bookkeeping and accounting principles.
Our curriculum provides skill-building and practical training through relevant core courses, delivered through our innovative Integrated Learning System™ (ILS).
AOLCC’s Integrated Learning System™
All courses in our programs are delivered through our unique Integrated Learning System™ (ILS). Through ILS, you will develop a true proficiency in each topic, no matter your age or skill level upon enrolment. Our learning coaches are with you every step of the way to provide individualized assistance and encouragement in a supportive and non-competitive learning environment. Here’s how it works:
- You only advance to the next course when you are confident that you have mastered one topic and are ready to move on to the next
- You participate in hands-on exercises, tasks and practice exams that test your knowledge and give you confidence
Our program will prepare you to:
- Use Microsoft programs to maintain business correspondence, create word processing documents, spreadsheets and presentations, manage databases and format workbooks
- Perform a variety of office duties, such as basic banking, records management, managing postal and courier services and maintaining computerized filing systems, inventory and databases
- Do basic bookkeeping and managing financial transactions using QuickBooks Premier 2012
- Provide quality customer service in all areas, including communications, phone calls, emails and in-person meetings
As a graduate of this program, you may find yourself working as a/an:
- Office Administrator
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Clerk
- Data Entry Clerk
- Office Manager
- And more!
The economic outlook for general office support workers in B.C. will continue to grow at a steady pace in the next decade. With over 70% of expected job openings related to replacing retired workers, the opportunity to work your way up to intermediate and supervisory positions is very strong.
Minimum 40 words per minute (WPM)
Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Publisher
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
Simulations and Drills
Practical Applications – 2 Units
Customer Service, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Business Correspondence Level 1, and Business Math
Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, Internet Fundamentals, basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Basic Bookkeeping Level 1, and Office Procedures Levels 1 and 2
Job Search and Résumé Writing and Thought Patterns for a Successful Career